Monday, October 30, 2006

Bijay Raut's Book Of Poetry: A Gentle Review


..... poetry is the pouring of the divine consciousness through the pen of the master poet.

Bijay Raut is a Wall Street Investment Banker and a Silicon Valley dot-com entrepreneur - turned poet, philosopher and a Yogi. He is a graduate of Middlebury College, Eastern Illinois University and Georgetown University. He currently lives in Mountain View, California ..... vedicpath@yahoo.com

Let our hearts take over us,
Like the moonlight takes over the dark night.

I nursed my wound,
With the petals of thy love-rose.

Alas! We departed without bidding goodbye,
And all I am left with,
Is your sweet longing by my side.

The tiresome chambers of cubicles,
And empty hopes of vanity fairs,
For spring has come

I work not just to meet my ends,
Or to fulfill my desires and duties,
But to purify my mind and body,
To reach to the altar of the divine

Say no to agitated mind and worrisome thoughts,
Accept uncertainty,
Do so by non-resistance, acceptance and surrender
(Source: The Heart Of The Mind by Bijay Raut)

I picked this book at my sister's. The actual picking up can be seen towards the end of this video: Aftab Alam, Nepali Congress 3.


Bijay Raut has gone through a remarkable spiritual journey these recent years. He has gone on to dig his eastern roots. This book of poetry is a culmination of sorts of that effort. There is a clear influence of the ancient Hindu scriptures and of Tagore.

I think it is commendable that he has put the effort into this undertaking. In our busy lives, we sometimes do not make the time to smell the roses. Here Raut smells the roses.

The last time I talked to him, he was also very enthused about the Madhesi rights movement. I am very pleased with that as well. We all have to make common cause. Now is the time. Mitti geela hai. The clay is wet. For the first time the Madhesis are about to become part of Nepal. But that process will not be automatic. We will have to work for it. And I hope the Prabasi Madhesi ends up playing a key role. I see positive signs.

I commend Raut's work in the fields of poetry and politics both. He is a pride of the Madhesi community.

Download the book for free

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All Madhesi commuinty !!!!!!!! pls come together..might be I am late to post teh comeent by I am very much happy to see the news and I m asure this is a good step to clear our puzzled identity n get the full right with dignity as Nepalese citizen...

Unknown said...

ajay