Saturday, September 17, 2005

ANTA NYC Chapter

My official affiliation with the ANTA is to be as a Life Member. I do not intend to hold any other official title in the organization, primarily due to time constraints. But also because of my propensity for something more politically hard core. And for that I have the DFNYC. That is also why I have not formally joined some of the Nepali organizations in town that I have interacted with regularly.

But we do need to launch a NYC chapter for the organization. I request Satyaji, Binodji, or someone like them preside over the efforts. I hope to actively participate.

And I urge the ANTA to get more intimately involved with the ongoing movement for democracy in Nepal. Now is the time. The situation is fluid. The first step is a Constituent Assembly. And then there has to be a definite push for federalism. Federalism has to be the common minimum program for all Madhesis regardless of party affiliation. Efforts should be on to further expand that platform to incorporate our linguistic and other issues.

ANTA is in a great position to organize a massive fund-raising drive. We should raise money and then reach out to the seven party coalition with a definite emphasis for federalism. As long as they will incorporate federalism into their platform, and as long as they will be willing to keep the book-keeping transparent and online, we would help fund their efforts.

That is what I have to suggest to the ANTA leadership at this point in time.

Life Member Fee For ANTA, ADHRN

No comments: